Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mommy & P go to Billings

Time to catch up! 
Every year we participate in a Fishing tournament called Fishin For The Cure. This is a pretty special event for us due to the fact that Michael's best friend, Matt Siegle, started it while battling cancer. This year was going to be quite a bit different for us since we'd have our little 6 weeker! We are usually pretty involved and help as much as we can and in order to do so this year, we thought we'd bring an extra set of hands. Luckily my 15 year old cousin was happy to tag along and help us out with little P. So Penelope and I made our way to Billings to pick her up... All by ourselves. But getting out of Glendive that morning wasn't easy......

As some of you know I am a crazy animal lover. We have 2 big dogs, (Chowder & Paisley), a kitty (Harper), and 5 chickens!...we only named one of those, Oreo. :) 

So lets go back to Chowder. Michael bought Chowder in hopes of a hunting partner. Instead he got 90 pounds of lazy, kitty loving, mama snuggling, sweetness. We love our Chowder, but we wouldn't call him a hunting dog... Or particularly smart, for that matter! Usually a pretty well behaved dog and I am great full for that. Notice usually in bold. On the morning we were leaving for Billings, Chowder completely surprised me and did something he has never, ever done before. As I reached for Penelope's car seat, I felt that it was noticeably wet. Yes, wet. He decided to PEE on her seat. 

And so I lost my mind......I mean really? How gross. I was so upset. Michael left for work pretty quickly that morning... I think everyone was a little afraid to be around me at this point. I would now have to throw her seat cover in the wash and then wait for it to air dry before we could leave. So much for getting to Billings early to shop!! I have now forgiven Chowder.....but.... I decided that I can't completely get over this incident without a little payback...this picture is a little embarrassing for him. Sometimes he likes to play dress up! 


Ok, now that we have taken care of that... Let's talk about Penelope's cooperation that morning...actually I think this picture says it best. 
 

Apparently she did not think mommy needed a shower that morning.... But I finally got her car seat cleaned up and snuck a shower in and off to Billings we went! I got my shopping done, all with the help of Grandpa Ross tagging along. Then we ate at Red Lobster....which is not my favorite but I crave all sorts of mediocre food since moving to Glendive. So here's a quick pic of grandpa and P before our feast! 

The trip went really well! She did great and her great grandma Donna snuggled her as much as she could! She even got to show her off at a lunch with her friends... But she didn't share Penelope a whole lot :) which is alright with us. 

So I brought my cousin (Malea)  back to Glendive to meet Michael, and off to the lake we went! Here is a sweet picture of Malea playing with little P right before we left. Notice her fishy outfit, picked up by her daddy! 
 

We made it to the lake and had a great time! Penelope was all smiles....mostly. In yet, another fishy outfit!! 
 


That's all for now! Next up is grandma Nancy's birthday!! Will catch up with that one soon :)




No comments:

Post a Comment