Monday, August 26, 2013

Meeting Great Grandma Ross

Mike and I decided we needed to make the 4 1/2 hour drive to go see my Grandma Ross in Havre, MT. This would be the first time she would get to meet Michael and P. Unfortunately, the week before our wedding last September, she had some heart complications and couldn't make it to our big day. That was a bummer. My grandma will be 93 in March but it is hard for me to imagine that because she is always so darn young at heart. She is one of the sweetest people I will ever meet and Michael agreed as soon as he met her. So let's start off will a couple of pictures of her meeting Penelope for the first time. Not the best pictures as they were quick snaps from my iPhone, but still sweet! 

I forgot to mention that my dad thought we should make this visit a surprise. He got there a day earlier than us and let her know that he wasn't the only surprise visitor! Fun stuff :) 
 
 

We got to havre around 9pm. We only stayed at my grandma's for about an hour before calling it a night and checking into our hotel. We were tired! But, the next morning, someone was refreshed and quite pleased with herself..... 

 
 
 
 
 
What a little person she is turning into! Her daddy sure loves her, and she thinks he's alright, too! ;) 
So after showers and some more smiles, we headed out! My dad's oldest brother lives in Havre as well and owns cavaliers, a clothing and tuxedo shop downtown. We all stopped by and had a mini photo shoot right in the middle of the store! Here are some of those photos. 

Dad, Grandma & P. 
  

Myself, dad, grandma & P.
 

 

Left to right: Michael, Aunt Becky (Doug's wife), Doug, Dad, Me, Grandma.

 

After our photo shoot, my uncle Doug showed some brotherly love by getting out these pretty fun pictures of my dad back in the day. My dad used to work and model for my uncle Doug's store. Sorry dad, but I think everyone needs to see this! 

Working the runway!
 
 
Flirting with the customers?
 
Left to right: This picture below is Dad, Uncle Doug, Tom, and Becky. 
 
Sweet glasses, father! 
 
So, after all of that fun, we had worked up an appetite. 
Grandma recommended a place called Murphy's. She also sipped on an ice cold margarita that she very much enjoyed! 
 
Grandma is still full of spunk and never missed a beat. We spent the weekend with her and listened to lots of good stories. She also never missed an opportunity to talk about her special guy, my grandpa George. We sure miss him! I took a picture of their wedding announcement photo. What a handsome guy and pretty gal they were! 
 

We promised grandma more regular visits and we are looking forward to it. Until then, we will cherish these photos and the memories we made. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment