Wednesday, January 1, 2014

6 months!

This has been the hardest blog for me to write. I have been trying for a week now but it is difficult to see what I am typing with eyes full of tears. Our sweet girl is half a year old. I am not sure why, but this simple fact makes me SO emotional. She is just getting so big. These past 6 months have truly been the best of my entire life. Penelope has been more than we could have ever hoped for. She is sweet, mellow, smiley, and a perfect mix of Michael and I (90% me and 10% Michael......KIDDING!) So this blog is to you "Penella," as your daddy would say. 

Where to start?

You have made me one of those annoying moms. I want to show random people photos of you, I talk everyone's ears off about how great you are, and I cry at just about every sweet thing you do. I can't help myself. You have made me overly anxious, extremely emotional, and perfectly content. I am so proud off all your little accomplishments and it is such a blessing to be able to stay at home with you while you experience all of them. Your dad is pretty darn good to us! I always say I want you to stay little, but the truth is, my favorite thing to do is watch you grow and learn. You have a mind of your own and though you are little, you know exactly what you like and dislike.  So let's take a look at all of your favorite things. 

Number 1 is STILL bath time. 

Watching the movie Shark Tale. 

Then I'd have to say eating... Your favorite.. Peas or pears! 

You also like to feed yourself with your very cool bottle holder that allows you to grip your bottle. 

Your teething ball that everyone thinks is a dog toy 

Playing with all of your toys and hanging out in your jumper! 

We love to play together and sometimes you get mad at me for all the picture taking. When this happens, your face looks like this. 

Can't help myself! 

You also love your puppies and kitty. Paisley likes to be right next to you as much as she can. 

Your quilt that Kim Schreder made for you. Gotta have it! 

Your such a happy little thing. Thank you for that.. And don't change. 

And although it is very obvious that you are a beautiful little girl....there is one thing.... 

Your MULLET! 

But somehow, you make even a mullet pretty darn cute :) 

And look at how much you have grown! 



We love you P. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment