Friday, January 31, 2014

A big month.

I am writing this entry simply because so much has happened in Penelope's 6 month of life that is worth sharing! Learning faster than ever and loving every minute of it....this little girl is keeping me busy!  With her babbles and screeching, drool and hair pulling...she is one silly little girl. 

When Penelope turned 6 months old I finally gave into the idea of her sleeping in her own crib. Literally one of the hardest things I've done since she was born. Michael gave me the support and push that I needed. But to be honest...I loved having her right next to me and I miss it. Although I have a nifty video monitor so I can peek at any time of the night, it's still completely nerve wracking for me. Much harder on me than her, that's for sure! 

How I spent most of the first night she slept in her crib....staring at her.

The next morning...she was feeling refreshed! I was feeling like a long nap! 

All in all, it has been going well. I cheat and bring her in our room every now and then but I have a feeling that will never change. :) 

When she's not sleeping in her crib like a big girl..she's sitting up on her own, playing with all of her noise making toys!

Or sitting on papa Ross's lap.. One of her favorite spots! 

She also got to sit in the grocery cart for the first time the other day! She loved it while I looked like a weirdo snapping pictures of her throughout the store. 


She is getting to be quite the little human. We had a little Valentines Day themed photo shoot and I got to capture a few of her sweet expressions! 



Penelope, I know I'm your mom and all, therefor, I think your the most beautiful baby in the world...but even if I wasn't. You. Are. :) 

P also got baptized this month but that deserves a post of it's own. Coming up next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment